In the last few months many musicians found this short-story in their mailbox, with the request to create fitting soundscapes for it, if they were willing to struggle with this harsh silence. Of course, they were free to create whatever they like. Most of them already knew and love J.G. Ballard’s work; others read the story and liked it – all of them found the idea alluring and challenging. Their correspondence varies from soundtracks for specific scenes and conveyance of feelings and atmosphere, to coverage of themes the story contains. We have tried to put the tracks in order to follow the development of the story – you can hear this compilation while reading it, before or afterwards. One thing is certain: when you read "The Enormous Space”, it will stick with you for a long, long time. We hope that this compilation can do the same.
T R A C K L I S T :
01. Expo '70 - "Primitive Crystallized Hemisphere"
02. Mordant Music - "Martinique or Mauritius"
03. Locust - "Carpenter's Interlude"
04. Alastair Galbraith - "A View To Endless Black"
05. Decimus - "The Letter Slot Rattles"
06. Troy Schafer - "Untitled"
07. Tom Carter & Barry Weisblat - "The Enormous Space"
08. Bridget Hayden - "Shipwrecked"
09. Call Back The Giants - "Cat Trap"
10. Migraine Inducers - "Sunset Gun / Smashed Milk"
11. Zaimph - "The Enormous Space"
12. Andrew Pekler - "Sustain"
The compilation is free and you can hear it here:
[BANDCAMP] - [FMA]
Or you can download it from:
[ZIPPYSHARE] - [MEDIAFIRE]
Mastering by Emma Peel. Cover by McPan.